Sunday, February 17, 2013

Week 2: To Live by the Spirit, Day 4: Flesh vs. Spirit

Today’s Treasure: Galatians 5:17 – “For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.”

This was an on-time lesson for me – letting go of the flesh to live by the Spirit. One cannot balance the Spirit and flesh – they cannot work together. We must bring the flesh under the power of the Spirit.

When we walk in the flesh we fulfill the desires of the flesh: impurity, sexual immorality, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, dissention, discord, factions, jealousy, envy, fits of rage, drunkenness and selfish ambition. But, when we walk in the Spirit, we produce love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.

I am so excited about this journey to explore the Fruit of the Spirit. God has planted the seeds of love, joy, peace…within each of us; this study is going to help us water that seed so that it will grow within each of us. Women of God, we will be walking fruit baskets overflowing with love, joy, peace, and all the other fruit of the Spirit.

Lord, thank you for giving me everything I need to be VICTORIOUS. I will walk in and live by the Spirit. I will not be brought under the power of my flesh.

I am a walking Fruit Basket!

No comments:

Post a Comment