Friday, February 8, 2013

Week 1: Free at Last! Day 5: Abba, Father

Today’s Treasure: “Because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, ‘Abba, Father.’” Galatians 4:6

WOW! Women of God we have been adopted into the royal family. Our spiritual bloodline stems all the way back to Abraham. We were adopted by God before the foundation of the world through Jesus Christ. He adopted us even when he knew we would fail him, deny him, break his heart, and even chose someone over him. When we cry out ‘Abba, Father!’ we are crying ‘Daddy, my daddy!’ Isn’t it awesome to know that we have a Father who loves us so much he gave up his only son to reconcile us back to him? I am so excited that I can say, ‘Our Father who art in heaven…’

Oh, how I love my daddy!

He Knows My Name by Israel Houghton

I have a Maker, He formed my heart
Before even time began, My life was in His hand

He knows my name
He knows my every thought
He sees each tear that falls
And hears me when I call

I have a Father,
He calls me His own
He’ll never leave me, No matter where I go

No comments:

Post a Comment