Monday, February 11, 2013

Week 2: To Live by the Spirit, Day 1: Three in One

Today’s Treasure: Galatians 5:16 (NIV) – “So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.”
Living without the Holy Spirit is like trying to drive a car with an empty gas tank. While we may not understand all the secrets of internal combustion, if we don’t understand the need for gas, the car isn’t going to get out of the driveway. We have no power without the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit…
(1)… is the third member of the Trinity (Father, Son, Holy Spirit)
(2)… is Omnipresent
(3)… dwells in us
(4)… gives life
(5)… energizes
(6)… counsels
(7)… is a consuming fire
(8)… is truth

It is so comforting to know that the same God, Elohim, who willed, spoke, and energized the universe into being, directs all His care to our precious lives. He directs our lives through the same methods: the Father first wills, the Son speaks the Father’s will to us through His Word, and the Holy Spirit supplies the power for us to obey.

The Trinity is at work in our lives daily. As I reflect, I see how all three members of the Trinity have been at work in my life:

Father – will – it was in God’s plan (His will for my life) that I become a Pastor’s Wife (certainly wasn’t my desire [SMILE])
Son – Word – through His word, He reveals instructions, guidance, character traits that I must possess, and wisdom on leadership
Holy Spirit – way (power) – and it is the Holy Spirit that gives me strength to fulfill God’s will for my life. It is the Holy Spirit that energizes me to go on, to press, and to move forward. The Holy Spirit gives life when I feel like I’m dying and he keeps my mind.

Thank you for the Trinity – all working together, directing my life. I submit to the will, the Word, and the way of God (Elohim).

Recall a time in your life that illustrates all three members of the Trinity at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment