Monday, June 17, 2013

Week 4: The Joy of the Lord is Our Strength, Day 5: My Joy and My Crown

Today’s Treasure: Philemon 7 – “Your love has given me great joy and encouragement, because you, brother, have refreshed the hearts of the Lord’s people.”

Five major catalysts for JOY:
(1) Joy is the result of Salvation
(2) Joy is the result of Discovery
(3) Joy is the result of Restoration
(4) Joy is the result of Abiding (remaining) in Christ
(5) Joy is the result of Relating God’s way to God’s people

The fifth and final catalyst for joy is ‘Relating God’s way to God’s people.’

1 Thessalonians 2:19-20, “For what is our hope, our joy, or the crown in which we will glory in the presence of our Lord Jesus when he comes? Is it not you? Indeed, you are our glory and joy.”

I gain joy through sharing God’s word with each of you. I gain joy each time I see you at Bible Study, Sunday Worship, FAR, church events, etc. I gain joy from knowing you are growing in grace; you are using your gift for ministry; you are fellowshipping with other believers. All of you are my joy and my crown.

Hebrews 10:24-25 encourages us to meet together so that we may encourage one another toward love and good deeds. Do you enjoy being with fellow believers? If not, and you don’t know why, ask God to reveal the reason. As a believer, don’t just be a member on the church roll; be an involved member of the community. Our fellowship with one another should bring us joy.

You bring me joy…I am joyful when I see God use you for ministry, I am joyful when I see you maturing in Him through prayer and Bible Study, I am joyful when I see God blessing you spiritually and naturally, I am joyful just because YOU are in my life! You are my glory and my joy! It is a joy to serve you!

No comments:

Post a Comment