Monday, March 11, 2013

Week 3: Greatest of These is Love, Day 4: More About Agape

Today’s Treasure: “Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.” 1 Peter 4:8

Agape love is never obscene or rude. Agape love is not self-seeking as Philos love is. With agape love, we seek the highest and best for another. It is this love that causes me to seek the best for each woman of GDCF. I want the best and highest for each of you. I am a gold miner; I see so much in you and I desire to bring it out – mine out your gifts, talents, and individual ministries. It is my goal this year to see each of us grow in our love for one another, love for our church, and most importantly love for God.

Agape is not easily angered. Psalm 145:8 tells us that “The LORD is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love.” That is our example. We must be slow to anger and rich in love; not, quick to anger and rich in love. I can say that I am slow to anger; I’m not easily upset. However, over time, those who act foolish begin to annoy me and then they do that one thing that just sends me over the edge – like “Really?!” Then I remember Ephesians 4:26-27, “Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: Neither give place to the devil.”

Let’s look at Proverbs 21:19 – “Better to live in a desert than with a quarrelsome and nagging wife.” WOW! Ladies, we do not want this to be us. We do not want to be nagging or quarrelsome. Our homes should be a safe haven and refuge for our spouses and children. We should always work to maintain peace in our homes and everywhere WE are.

Agape keeps no record of wrongs. God keeps no record of our wrongs. He doesn’t bring them up every time we seek Him in prayer; He doesn’t hold back His blessings based on our past sins; He remembers our sins and iniquities no more (Hebrews 10:17). How much more should we as women of God, believers in the faith, forgive one another and remember it no more. We should never bring up our sisters past sins; we must be ‘forgetters’ of wrong. We must remind ourselves that God is in charge of justice and/or revenge; we must not indulge self-pity; we must focus on the future; and we must discipline our thoughts toward the wholesome and productive. Stop replaying what someone did to you 10 years ago, 10 months ago, or even 10 minutes ago – let it go and let God deal with them. Stop bringing up past hurts and opening old wounds; Ladies, we must be healed from those hurts and move forward in the future God has planned for us.

Agape always protects. It covers over in silence. It never exposes the faults of others.

Agape is never without effect. Agape is DIVINE Love. AGAPE NEVER FAILS!!!

A heart like yours, is my desire
A heart like yours, is what I am searching for
Full of compassion, nothing wrong within
Please hear me Lord, give me a heart like yours
~CeCe Winans

No comments:

Post a Comment