Friday, March 8, 2013

Week 3: Greatest of These Is Love, Day 3: Agape: Caring Love

Today’s Treasure: “It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.” 1 Corinthians 13:7-8

Agape: Love as revealed in Jesus, seen as spiritual and selfless and a model for humanity. Love that is spiritual, not sexual, in its nature.

Let’s evaluate our love (agape) for others through the scripture I Corinthians 13:1-8. We read the scripture, yet we don’t live it out. Lord help us to love as you love; help us to Live Out the love you speak of in the Bible; that same love that held you to the cross for our sins.

1 Corinthians 13: “If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.”

God has shown us HIS amazing love by sending His son to die for us! Let us love one another as He loves us.

Oh How He Loves Us (Dave Crowder Band)

He is jealous for me, Loves like a hurricane; I am a tree, Bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy. When all of a sudden, I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory, And I realize just how beautiful You are, And how great Your affections are for me.

And oh, how He loves us so Oh how He loves us, How He loves us all

No comments:

Post a Comment