Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Week 6: A Composite of Peculiar Patience, Day 2: Be Still, Be Filled

Today's Treasure: "The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance." 2 Peter 3:9

To be patient with circumstances is much easier than being patient with people. However, Paul emphasized how important our patience with people really is. Just has God has patience with us, we must have patience with others. It is in His patience that He does not give us what we deserve when we deserve it.

We cannot become frustrated with trying to work out patience through our own strength. We must allow the Holy Spirit to work out patience through us.

Patience - Lord work out your perfect patience in me. Help me to push past my frustrations. Help me to step back and wait on you. I am sorry for crossing the line and trying to do YOUR job. I will trust you, I will not be afraid, and will stop being frustrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment