Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Week 8: Keep Believin’, Day 1: Faith That Abounds

Today’s Treasure: “The LORD is trustworthy in all he promises and faithful in all he does.” Psalm 145:13b

This week we look at the seventh quality of the fruit of the Spirit: FAITHFULNESS.

Faithfulness is believing the reality of a sovereign God. The faithfulness of God is His believability. The faithfulness of the believer is his belief in God’s believability.

Growing up, I stood on the faith of my parents. Whenever I had a problem, I would ask them to pray knowing that their prayer would be answered and that they trusted God. Then, as I got older and had a family, I had to establish my own relationship with the Father. I had to learn to pray for myself; I had to search the scriptures and get an understanding for myself; and I had to activate my mustard seed faith for myself. God has proven himself over and over to me and my family. He is believable! He is trustworthy! He is AMAZING!

Won’t you trust HIM? It’s time to cultivate your own relationship with Him. It’s Okay to ask others to pray for you – but it’s is another thing altogether when you can pray to God for yourself in faith. I thank God for every way he has made himself believable to me. What has God done in your life to show himself believable to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment